Why Choose WoodBlocX
The unique WoodBlocX system – as seen on the BBC’s Dragon’s Den – is the best choice for creating raised beds, ponds, seats and walls in your garden. It is easy to use, light but strong, and will last many years, putting it head and shoulders above other wooden garden structures, railway sleepers and wooden boards.
All the wooden components are made from the highest-quality timber – we do not use the heart of the tree, which is weaker. The wood is then pressure-treated twice: because WoodBlocX are pre-drilled, the treatment penetrates to almost 100% of the wood. We guarantee our BlocX for 15 years, but they can be expected to last even longer.
WoodBlocX has more strength than masonry in some situations because it can withstand tension forces as well as compression. It will not crack with ground movement or frost. WoodBlocX is put together with many joints and each dowel can withstand 0.9 tonnes of sheer force. The structure forms a single solid unit that will not easily distort like many other flimsy timber products on the market.
No technical skills are needed to build a WoodBlocX structure. We will supply you with specific instructions for your build, and general assembly instructions. There’s also a video to help you. The BlocX go together quickly and easily, with no need for power tools or specialist equipment.
WoodBlocX are so light even a child could help with construction. There is no heavy lifting involved in a WoodBlocX build, and all the parts fit into an average-sized car. There’s also no need for foundations or cement, and they can be sited on any surface – soil, grass, tarmac, concrete, paving – including slopes.
The rough-sawn wood is attractive in itself, and needs no varnishing. It will naturally fade to a grey over the years. It is also suitable for painting.
SUSTAINABLE AND ORGANIC
We source the timber from sustainably-managed forests, and our treatment process involves no chemicals that might leach from the wood. The dowels are all made from recycled plastic.
SUPERIOR TO RAILWAY SLEEPERS, STONE & BOARDS
- Railway sleepers are often impregnated with nasty chemicals that can leach out into the soil. They are also incredibly heavy and difficult to work with, and often expensive to buy. Plus, they are so thick that a lot of potential growing or path space is lost purely on the sleepers themselves.
- Stone is expensive and requires mortar and foundations, as well as the skills to build with it successfully. WoodBlocX is also comparably cheaper than bricks.
- Building with boards can be complicated, and requires screws and the power tools to apply them. Boards can also warp and bow over time. With WoodBlocX there’s no need to work out how much timber you need or factoring in offcuts, we do all the calculations for you and send you precisely what is needed to build your structure. Boards – both new and recycled – can also be impregnated with nasty chemicals.
- Tradex News Top Twenty Company at the Grand Designs Show Live, NEC Bimingham
- John Logie Baird Innovation Award
- Feefo Gold Trusted Merchant
- Royal Horticultural Society 4 Star Trade Stand Award
WoodBlocX has thousands of happy customers – read some reviews here.