WoodBlocX Raised beds – Made to Measure – Made for your Garden – Made to last
With WoodBlocX Raised Beds, Boxes and Planters you’ll rediscover the pleasure in gardening. Our kits can help you build raised beds that are beautiful and practical, giving you extra height and adding shape and structure to your outdoor space.
We have two ways to buy. Either search for or specify your own size
WoodBlocX award winning raised beds, as seen on the BBC Dragons' Den, gives you the ability to choose any shape or size raised bed designed exclusively to suit your garden. We guarantee all our BlocX for 15 years minimum against structural failure.
Raised beds make it even easier to “grow your own” vegetables and cut flowers. They offer improved soil, better drainage and warmer soil in the spring time. Growing in raised beds also helps keep damaging fungus and disease out of your soil and allows for easy soil rejuvenation. The extra height WoodBlocX can give your plants will also help rooting and allow a much larger crop in a smaller spaces.
Why use WoodBlocX raised beds?
- The added height of raised beds can bring well-drained soil to a boggy garden, rooting space to a stony soil, or space to grow where there is no soil at all.
- Raised beds can be filled (and easily re-filled) with fresh soil that is free from weed seeds and diseases, and rich in nutrients.
- Vegetables and fruit can be planted more intensively, giving bigger harvests from a smaller space.
- The extra height off the ground makes maintaining the plants easier, with less strain on your knees and back.
- The soil in raised beds warms up faster than open ground in the spring, giving plants a head start on the growing season.
- By working on the beds from the sides, rather than treading on the soil, the plants’ roots will not be compacted, keeping them healthier and happier.
- Raised beds can keep plants out of reach of rabbits and household pets.
- A raised bed or two is a great way to allow the less able to continue gardening, and to introduce children to growing plants.
How will raised beds look in my garden?
- WoodBlocX raised beds are both beautiful and practical. The wood will age naturally to a soft grey, or they can be painted any colour you like.
- Raised beds introduce plants and greenery to barren courtyards, patios or tarmacked front gardens.
- The beds add height, structure and formality to any garden, and can be rectangular, square, circular or any shape that you design.
Why choose WoodBlocX for my raised beds?
- WoodBlocX are easy to construct, and require no heavy lifting or power tools to build.
- Made from sustainably-sourced wood, they are certified organic by the Soil Association.
- WoodBlocX are guaranteed to last at least 15 years and are suitable for siting on any surface, including slopes.
- They featured on BBC Dragon’s Den, and have since gone on to win numerous awards.
- Once your order has been finalised, you won’t have long to wait - delivery is generally within 3-4 working days.
- For more information, see here.
Choose from one of our pre-designed kits in a huge range of sizes and shapes, or we can help you design your own. Use our online calculator to work out the price of your own design, send us a sketch with your requirements, or simply give us a call on 0800 389 1420 to talk things through. Click here to order our catalogue and information sheet.