Sign up to win a state of the art battery powered mower
Now is the time to embrace the eco-friendly power of electric
Many of us have found ourselves thinking more and more about the impact we have on our environment. We’ve seen greenhouse gasses and pollution levels skyrocketing in recent years, so every little thing we can do helps. The best lawn mower for the environmentally conscious is an electric powered one. Since they require no fuel you won’t be wasting natural resources when you care for your lawn.
Going electric is just one of many ways to reduce our reliance on fossil fuels and a John Deere plug-and-go electric lawn mower is a great place to start!
At WoodBlocX we are only too aware of the impact we have on our natural environment. That's why all our BlocX are manufactured from sustainably sourced timber and processed right here at our sawmill in the north of Scotland. Our system even uses recycled plastic for the construction of our interlocking dowels, helping to reduce our carbon footprint further.
Pair an electric battery mower with our sustainably sourced timber BlocX and you’ve got yourself a crisp, clean and eco-friendly garden!
OUR ECO CREDENTIALS
- We use only locally sourced Scots Pine for WoodBlocX.
- All of our timber is sustainably sourced. We only use slow grown pine and do not use Wood containing the heart of the tree. This gives us the highest quality UK timber on the market for building in your garden.
- The BlocX are manufactured here at our mill in the North of Scotland, keeping the road miles down from tree to BlocX.
- WoodBlocX is pressure treated with Wolmanit CX, a water-based preservative which fixes in the cells of the timber when it dries. This removes the need for any harsh chemicals or paints but means that the WoodBlocX still last for 15 years and possibly longer, depending upon the ground conditions.
With WoodBlocX Raised Beds, Boxes and Planters you’ll rediscover the pleasure in gardening. Our kits can help you build raised beds that are beautiful and practical, giving you extra height and adding shape and structure to your outdoor space.
It couldn’t be easier to create a raised timber pond that’s perfect for your garden from WoodBlocX. The versatility of our products means they can be used to build koi ponds and water features of any shape or size, creating a fantastic centrepiece for your garden.
It’s easy to bring your garden to life with WoodBlocX. A little landscaping and the slopes and hills can be turned into terraces, borders and flat lawns, with additional built in features such as steps, benches and pillars. And it's much easier to build with than sleepers.
5 Reasons why raised beds are great for the garden
- The added height allows you to control the condition of the soil – fill with a fresh standard soil and top with nutrient-rich compost or soil improvers
- You can create an extra growing space in an area where there is no soil such as a patio, tarmac or gravelled area
- Vegetables and fruit can be planted more intensively, giving bigger harvests from a smaller space
- The soil warms up faster than open ground in the spring, giving plants a head start on the growing season
- By working on the beds from the sides, rather than treading on the soil, the plants roots will not be compacted, keeping them healthier and happier